New course begins on October 6, 2017
Take your online course to the next level by adding multimedia and other interactive learning activities. This course includes five modules designed to help faculty learn about some of the options for creating new interactive learning activities. The modules are designed to build upon the Online Teaching Certification course (see schedule below), address the additional learning needs of OTCC participants, improve the quality of online teaching and learning, and keep participants current with emerging instruction technologies. The modules also integrate the use of the MCCVLC Rubric for Quality Online Course Design. The course is facilitated by Garrett Brand, Grand Rapids Community College. Cost is $300 for ETOM members and $340 for non-members.
- Creating Multimedia Content: Topics include sound instructional design principles, free and open source tools, popular applications and support.
- Incorporating Video and Audio: Topics include lecture capture, podcasting, YouTube and other video/audio sources, and repositories.
- Integrating Social Applications: Topics include blogs and wikis, Facebook, Twitter and other web apps.
- Live Tools: covers chat and IM, whiteboards, webcasts.
- Emerging Technologies: Topics include mobile learning, virtual worlds and gaming, open learning.
The beginning, Online Teacher Certification, course or demonstrated competency is a pre-requisite for the Advanced Online Teaching Certification Modules.