- This event has passed.
ETOM Fall 2020 Virtual Conference
November 6, 2020 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
On Friday, November 6, we’ll offer our first virtual conference! This event is FREE for our members. Our guest speaker will be Norm Vaughan – An educator and researcher with interests in blended learning and Faculty development. Dr. Vaughan is a Professor in the Dept. of Education, Faculty of Health, Community, Education at Mount Royal University in Calgary, Alberta. Dr. Vaughan will talk about:
- Student expectations and demands on faculty to deliver a quality distance learning experience
- What faculty can do in Zoom beyond lecturing the entire time
- Synchronous/asynchronous learning
- Maintaining/ensuring quality in blended learning environments
Registration is now closed. If you have already registered, you should have already received an e-mail with links to your sessions.
Welcome and Keynote (9:00 – 10:30am)
- Margaret Bourcier, ETOM President
- Dr. Norm Vaughan, Professor
Breakout Session 1 (10:40 – 11:30am)
- Empowering the Pivot: Supporting Faculty in Uncertain Times and Beyond
- Incorporating Experiential Learning into Computer Classes
- HyFlex teaching and Blended Learning: A Genre Problem
Breakout Session 2 (11:40 – 12:30pm)
- LOL! The Fun We Have with Live OnLine!
- Nap Time or Class Time: Engaging Students in the Zoom Classroom
- COVID CRAZY – Maintaining Peace and Best Practice During a Pandemic
Lunch Break(12:30 – 1:00 pm)
Breakout Session 3 (1:00 – 1:50pm)
- First Year Engineering Students’ Advice for Online Faculty
- Academic Integrity Through Teaching and Learning
- When the Medium Chooses the Method: Online Discussion Beyond Respond Once, Reply Twice
- Meaningful Engagement in the YouTube Era
Wrap Up (2:00 – 2:50pm)
- Dr. Norm Vaughan will lead a discussion of key learning from our virtual conference.
- The ETOM Executive Board will share special announcements and launch the survey!