June 11 (Monday)
- 11:30 am
- 12 Noon
- 1:00-5:00 pm
- Distance Education the HLC Perspective – Tom Bordenkircher, Ph.D., Higher Learning Commission – Dr. Bordenkircher will provide a general overview of regional accreditation and the expectations of institutions accredited through the Higher Learning Commission. There will be particular focus on federal and commission rules for distance education courses and programs. He will then discuss best practices as when offering programs at distance. Common pitfalls and red flags will be reviewed through provided case studies. This will also be an opportunity to provide feedback to the HLC on the criteria and accreditation process. This session will end with a look forward to the future of accreditation and proposed changes on the horizon.
- 5:30 pm
- 6:30 pm
- Free Time – Kayak the lake or walk the trails
- 7:30 pm
- Annual Membership meeting
June 12 (Tuesday)
- 7:30 am
- 8:30-9:30 am
- Developing a Plan for Accreditation – Tom Bordenkircher, Ph.D., Higher Learning Commission – This session will provide an opportunity for participants to put the information from the first session into action. Here participants will have the opportunity to develop an action plan to address specific criteria. You will have an opportunity to share and receive feedback from Tom and your fellow Michigan colleagues.
- 9:30-9:45 am
- 9:45-10:45 am
- MCO & ETOM Updates – Ronda Edwards (MCO Executive Director), Carl Weckerle (ETOM President), Stacy Whiddon (President-Elect)
Ronda will provide an update on MCO initiatives and issues around online learning – including, SARA, accessibility, group technology purchases, MCO OER repository, MCO professional development series for 2018-2019.
Carl and Stacy will provide an update on recent ETOM initiatives and lead a discussion on future ETOM member benefits.
Registration fee for the Retreat includes 4 meals and your room for one night.
- Member rate, single occupancy $170
- Member rate, double occupancy $150
- Non-member rate, single occupancy $210
- Non-member rate, double occupancy $190
Please contact Garry Brand if you would like to spend the night before at the conference center and we’ll make those arrangements. There will be an additional charge for the room and breakfast.
Thank you for participating! We hope you had plenty of opportunities for fun, networking and learning..
We want to hear your feedback so we can keep improving our logistics and content. Please complete this survey and let us know your thoughts (your answers will be anonymous).