One incredible advantage to joining ETOM and becoming an active member is the opportunity to talk to others in the field across Michigan. Nowhere else will you have so many others, working in position, experiencing similar struggles, and in the same region and you.
Who should join ETOM?
Leaders of distance education, online learning, instructional design, instructional technology or other related teams. Instructional designers, instructional technologists, learning architects, educational technologists, instructional media developers, online coordinators, and others who support teaching and learning with technology in higher education.
Information, Benefits and Costs
ETOM has several membership categories. Institutional memberships are extended to interested public and private regionally accredited Michigan-based higher education institutions. The institutional memberships include one voting representative, however anyone employed by the institution can receive benefits from the institutional membership. Business and Individual Memberships are also available by application to the ETOM Board. Business and individual memberships do not include voting privileges.
Current membership fees are:
- $300.00 Institution (First Year)
- $175.00 Institution (Each Year after First Year)
- $100.00 Business
- $ 40.00 Individual
- Professional development conferences
- Statewide distance education listserv
- Resource for information on the latest technologies
- Distance education research
- National / state voice for instructional technology and distance education issues
- Registration discount for ETOM Online Teaching Certification courses